Chapter 14-2

Clone took several deep breaths to calm down after shouting. Zheng knew how agitated he was because Clone gripped him so hard just then. Fortunately, he regained control over his emotions quickly, but he still crushed Zheng’s chest with the grip.

“I was copied after you finished your first movie, that is after Resident Evil. The specific time is after you created her. You didn’t have much potential before, but your potential suddenly jumped several degrees after creating her. I became a newcomer in team Devil, including your points, enhancements, items, and the person you created.”

Clone showed the Na ring on his hand. “Back then, the only Asians in team Devil were ZhuiKong, a Korean, a Japanese, and me, out of seventeen members. Two blacks, and the rest were Caucasians. The leader and his subordinates were all Caucasians.”

“They told me that you need the mentality of a devil to be part of the team. They seized my ring, told me to exchange an enhancement or item for the core members after every movie. I was fine with it if that was the only thing, but…”

“They raped Lori in front of me then dismembered her. They called us Asians and blacks walking pigs that can keep feeding them with points and rewards. ZhuiKong was the only one they didn’t touch because of his strength. You idiot! Why did you create her! Do you know how much I hated you when I was tied up and looked as she cried in pain? I vowed that I will kill you if I ever meet you, and the team members that you treasure. Haha.”

His face looked ferocious and he laughed wildly. “ZhuiKong told me that emotions are deadweights. If I don’t have the heart to endure it, then I may as well just die. If I do then I can kill them all!”

“I did it. The first movie in team Devil was Friday the 13th Part II. I risked my life to complete bonus missions, one after another. Haha. You look like you don’t understand. Let me tell you, the mission God gives you in every movie is only a very little part. I have been through The Mummy, which I think you’ve also been in. If you obtained the Scorpion King’s treasure in that movie, you will be able to summon the army of Anubis with blood energy and also a rank A reward and 15000 points. If you destroyed Cairo with explosives, you can obtain a rank B reward and 5000 points. This is the world of horror movies! You can only grow when you risk your life and abandon useless emotions. Unlike you who unlocked the third stage but still so weak.”

Zheng’s body was getting weaker. Because he lost too much blood, the recovery coming from the Vampire bloodline also slowed down. “What about the scar on your face? Is it because of her and the previous team Devil?”

Clone laughed coldly. “Yes. They left it on me when I resisted upon first entering the team. But I didn’t die. I hid the fact that I completed the bonus missions from them after the first movie. My second movie was Predator, which was just what I wanted. I killed everyone of them that touched her in the forest, everyone that humiliated me, and all the Caucasians. Haha! I unlocked the third stage in that movie then inherited the leader’s position, which pushed me into the beginning of the fourth stage! I abandoned all my feelings starting at that time. I became the darkness, the devil! Every Caucasian that enters team Devil must kneel before me. Everyone must submit to me. I’d rather have this overwhelming power than the fragile feelings. No one can hurt me anymore, no one can say no to me!”

Zheng sighed. He was feeling complicated. He didn’t know what he would do if he encountered the same situations. Perhaps? No, he would definitely became insane like his clone. They were the same person after all. He slowly closed his eyes.

Clone took out a golden book and muttered. “This book can resurrect anyone that enters this world once. The two people that you killed can be resurrected, but why can’t it resurrect her! Why!” He howled.

Zheng sneered. “Their enhancements are definitely expensive. You would pay twice that to save them? Didn’t you said you have abandoned all feelings? Why do you care about your team members?”

Clone laughed then tore off a piece of flesh from Zheng’s chest. “You really don’t know much huh. That kind of resurrection takes place in God’s dimension. Have you forgotten about the plot of The Mummy? You can resurrect a person in the altar when you have his body and organs. It only takes a rank B reward and 7000 points no matter how strong that person was. Haha, don’t tell me you never obtained the Book of Amun-Ra. God would have given you the information. So you only have the Book of the Dead? Haha.”

(How can you obtain the body and organs when it’s not the same movie world anymore.” Zheng thought to himself. Then he suddenly thought of a possibility.

“This is it, the other me. Go die with your wonderful memories of her. Perhaps this is happiness on its own.”

Clone stopped his laughter and looked at Zheng quietly. He looked liberated as his sword slashed across Zheng’s head, cutting it in half.

Then an explosion happened at his back. An RPG hit a translucent shield and exploded. He was still blasted away by the shockwave. The Nemesis grabbed Zheng’s corpse and ran. He only had the chance to stab the Nemesis once with a sword formed by his black fire before it ran through a building.

Clone thought for a moment then stopped, because he heard the reward notification from killing Zheng. He flapped his wings and flew toward the checkpoint.

The Nemesis kept charging through numerous walls when suddenly Zheng’s corpse disappeared and a large cross replaced it in its arm.

It was confused then threw the cross on the ground. A soft white light emitted from the cross. The Nemesis had to close its eyes as the light got brighter and brighter. When the light faded away, Zheng was on the ground with his right arm back, but his body was still full of injuries. A scar ran from the right eye of his face to the left of his mouth.

“Revival cross. Lan, you lied. Ah!” Zheng recalled the notification from God. “Used Revival Cross, return to God’s dimension?”

“No!” Zheng shouted. He jumped up from the ground and said to the Nemesis. “One, thank you. If it wasn’t for you, he might have discovered my abnormality. One?”

The Nemesis kneeled on the ground without moving. Zheng walked over and saw the eye on its chest was pierced and burned. Its chest had been burned to charcoal.

Zheng sighed. He closed its eyelids then started running toward a tall building. If memory served him right, a Sky Stick was left near where he was sniping.

His Qi and blood energy was recovered a bit with the revival. So he was running with the movement technique. At the same time, the black smoke was dissipating and the morning sunlight took its place. He found the hoverboard stuck at a wall behind the building.

The Sky Stick let him control height and direction through his feet, but required a high level of reaction speed, which he had. A few minutes later, he had gotten used to controlling it and flew toward the checkpoint.

“Please don’t get killed everyone. You can reach the checkpoint before team Devil catches you. Please!”

Zheng kept trying to connect with Lans’ mind as he was flying. After a long time, he finally connected with Lan and ChengXiao.

He could see that Alice was knocked unconscious through their minds. The movie characters were all well except for the camcorder woman. She lay naked on the ground, looking terribly.

Honglu was dead. A bullet hit his head. His face looked in shock like seeing something he didn’t expect.

JiangZhe died in several pieces.

The only ones still alive were ChengXiao and the two girls, Lan and Reling. The girls were uninjured but ChengXiao looked miserable. One arm was gone and the other holding his axe. He defended in front of the girls with a smile.

“Colonel Xuan, I told you I won’t let any girl behind me get stained in blood as long as I am alive. You should just kill me without hesitation.”

Xuan! It was Xuan! Zheng saw the man that influenced him the most in the enemy’s team. There were several other team Devil members around looking at them with a sarcastic smile, like that of cats toying with mice. No one gave any weight to these three people from team China.

Xuan aimed his handgun at ChengXiao’s head and said calmly. “Farewell.” Then he pulled the trigger.

“Zheng, a man must die standing. He must not let anyone he protects get hurt before he dies. I fulfilled my promise. Farewell.”

ChengXiao laughed in his mind then his laughter disappeared.

“No!” Zheng was speeding up the Sky Stick even faster. He saw a man walking over to Lan and Reling with a perverted smile and began tearing their clothes apart. Zheng’s face became distorted. Suddenly, the man’s head flew off as his clone appeared behind the corpse.

“Amy, kill the unlocked one. Tom, you kill the other. Let’s go. Carry these movie characters. I don’t want to stay here any longer.”

Tom and Amy looked terrified. They both took out a ray gun and fired at the targets. Zheng could see a hole through Lan’s chest. She fell to the ground with a smile.

(He and him, the two of them made me struggle. I’ve been wanting to love, yet I can’t find the courage. I want to let go, yet I couldn’t get myself to part. In the end, the only one suffers is myself.) Zheng felt that he heard the inner voice of this girl and the smile that remained until she died.

The Soul Link broke off. Zheng could no longer feel their existence. He clenched his teeth and kept flying toward the checkpoint. Finally, he stood as he watched over their bodies. Everyone except him from team China had died here!

“Ah!” Zheng howled in a craze. He picked up ChengXiao’s axe and continued flying toward the checkpoint. He was only several kilometers away now and he could make out several people from team Devil in the distance as they flew past the checkpoint.

Clone looked behind in a surprise and saw Zheng closing in with an axe as he howled. Team Devil had already past the checkpoint and their bodies were fading away. Clone made a slit throat gesture then disappeared. The movie characters all fell from mid air.

Zheng kneeled inside God’s dimension. He clenched his teeth so tight that he crushed them. Lori was comforting him on the side with tears.

“I will revive everyone. I will revenge. I will make team China the strongest team! Team Devil, the other me, I won’t lose to you again!”

He stood up and connected to God.


P.S. Part one is finished. I will take a 1-2 week break as I work on my side project for a bit.

Coming in next vol.

“Xuan, help me.”

“I didn’t die or is it revived? Why should I help you?”

“Because I know how to make you obtain senses of pain, happiness, taste, and every feeling a normal person has. I know how to help you!”

42 comments:

  1. ChengXiao! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    Well...shit. My initial estimate was bleak to begin with, but I certainly wasn't expecting a total massacre.

    God, I really hope he finds a way to bring back ChengXiao. :(

    Also! Thanks for the quick update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series was already pretty dark, but that got real dark, real fast. Andbup 7ntil now wasbPart 1 right? How many parts are out at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 2 parts. Part 2 covers volumes 11-25 and will have a much more positive tone.

      Delete
    2. Can you please translate ch 1-1 from the part two so we won't wait with this bitter feeling two weeks while you're on a break?

      Without the story progressing just a tiny but I'm left stuck with all those bad things that happened in my mind. Lory, camcorder girl, the wipe....it will remain on a loop until the next ch. :( Help.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. 2 weeks ...... o.O dammit :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe do what I though he would do a LONG time ago...go back to the world of The Mummy, get the book and then start reviving them, one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tnks for the chapter :) i cant wait to see what xuan does to revive everyone and make them stronger :D
    (everyone T.T)
    ps seems like team devil is hell

    ReplyDelete
  6. time for the book of the dead wooooo. Bout time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just... wow! It was a complete wipe out.

    1. What happened to Lan's side? Xuan was one thing, but I don't think they would lose without killing the others. Honglu had his pendant, so how he get instanta killed? I had higher hopes for Lan to do something since she unlocked her constraint. Also, it sounded like too many of Team Devil Survived in the end.

    2. Clone Zheng was cloned after the first mission, and unlocked to the Third Stage after two more missions, then got the leader position and went to the Fourth Stage! Too one sided! The Clone gained tens of thousands of points! God definitely wanted them to die in that mission for some reason.

    3. The final score is Zheng with what I guess points 5000 and two B rank rewards. 1,000 for the mission, 14,000 and 2B rank rewards for killing two unlocked members, and negative 10,000 for the team wipe when you include Zheng death ( TJ -8 + TD+3 = -5 × 2000 = 10,000 ).
    This may be wrong if Zheng got a side quest reward for anything with ONE, his death didn't count or if Heng got one more kill in with his last arrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that God wants them to die it wants them to face such dangers to evolve (go pikachu)

      Delete
  8. !! i know how he can revive people that died in previous movies!, the corpses of people stay even after he leaves the movies so he can go back to the movie world later find thier corpse and bring it back to the realm, XUANS COMING BACK
    (so long as no time has moved forward to when he goes back into the movie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder 2 things, one is of course how is he going to revive him, and the other is how is he going to "cure" him (make Xuan normal) when god had already told Xuan he couldn´t help him

      Delete
    2. God said that Xuan was fully healed and there was no more damage not that he couldn't be fixed. Xuan just couldn't figure out how to fix himself but Zheng has leaders quick search ability so he can find the right boosts etc out of the infinite list to do it.

      Delete
    3. never thought about it that way but it seems fair, i hope they get relly cooperate and get stronger in the future (not only enhancements but martial arts and stuff like that) :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the chap :)

    Enjoy the break, though it's not really a break o_o

    ReplyDelete
  10. so i guess he revive xuan first , just how ? with the book of the dead ?i guess so ... but that will cost an insane ammount of point ... gonna be long to wai for 2 weeks , continue the good work and ty !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn it! !!!

    I was expecting a total wipeout, but deeply in my heart i was hoping to be wrong.

    Many thanks for The daily hard work translating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noooo9oooooooooooo and xuan b/c he has least mount of points

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can spoil what happen in vol 11 but only if you guys want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't post spoilers here. Bring it to reddit or other discussion forums. I am deleting the previous spoiler post.

      Delete
  14. Its been just a day and i cant wait any longer!!!

    These two weeks will be soooo Long...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please give me the link because the raw link i pressed is gone to default page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go. http://www.piaotian.net/html/0/181/

      Delete
  16. nooo... 2 week T_T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a question for you, dear translator whose name I can't read :P
    After working on scanlating the first few chapters of the webtoon of Terror Infinity (the project then dying *sadface*), I picked up the novel instead.
    I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything, but there are a couple grammatical and/or contextual errors, at times making the translation hard or awkward to read.

    So basically I was just wondering if you'd like me to chip in with some proofreading, either for previously released chapters or those to be released in the future.
    If it sounds good, do hit me up and we'll talk about it :)

    I'll read the comments here unless there's a way to contact me through this comment. Not sure how though. I don't usually comment on blogs xD

    Over and out
    /GainerFlash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel it's too much of a hassle to collaborate, that's why I haven't done it. Blogger doesn't allow users to edit other's posts without giving them administrator permissions.

      If you can, please do post corrections in comments. Reader corrections had helped improve my writing a lot since the first volume.

      Delete
  18. It feels like a month already...

    ReplyDelete
  19. So long!
    One thing Zheng can do to become stronger is learn all the spells in the Book of the Dead for one thing!
    Zheng had it for 4 missions and he like only knows 2-4 spells that he hardly uses. If he increase his Intelligence stat by another 100 he could just learn the Egyptian to read the book without exchanging 1000 points for each. Go into a movie world for a few weeks to learn if he needs the time. That, or revive Tengyi and give him the book to become a dark mage.
    I can only think the author forget rather than him not making Zheng too strong in the beginning. Like how he forget point for some missions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhhhhhh just can't wait till the next chapters!!! It almost feels like one year had already past. .

    Btw does anyone know a similar novels like this?

    Thank you for translating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like five to me!
      I think there's a fan fiction for this which is good that's up to the second mission call Side B. Also, one chapter of the sequel was translated somewhere, but with no signs of it being continued,.

      Delete
  21. when are you going to continue to translate this?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i already catch up all the way from the begining!! My F5 button is almost crushed for refreshing the page...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just noticed EST time is now -2 hours from my time zone, because we kept DST all the year. So its still 51 minutes left until update time.

    I AM GOING NUTS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank ya very much for the translation, translator! Many thanks towards the Author!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Uguu.. meatbun is in hyperactiveode right now!! XD
    Revive Kill Survive!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thsnk you for translsting!

    Why didn't Lori die!?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thsnk you for translsting!

    Why didn't Lori die!?

    ReplyDelete