1 Year Anniversary

The translated version of Terror Infinity has 348,878 words and we are 34% (872,775/2,573,139 Chinese characters) into the novel.

I am surprised that I kept up with translations. Forgot why I started doing this. Maybe because I was bored and liked reading and wanted to share a story. Then somewhere along the way I lost interest. Story progression feels too slow with my speed. It takes me around 80 minutes for 1100 words. Web novels also tend to be different in that you can't pay too much attention to the details before the novel falls apart and translation makes me analyze every line. At this point, some chapters are fun to translate and some rely on discipline to keep going.

The side projects feel much more enjoyable to do since I don't have to follow a schedule. 仿如昨日 is one of my favorite slice of life web novel, which I choose to translate when things gets stressful. Bizarre Terrors is like a compilation of short stories, each about 10 chapters long. I actually started it back in Halloween but didn't have the time to finish the story. Knowing the story ends in just a few more chapters is a great motivation. The Grandmaster Strategist has the most memorable romance I had read, but we will probably never get up to the romance part.

Lately, I have been omitting repetitive sentences and descriptions in Terror Infinity. It drives me insane every time the characters talk about exchanging stuff, they will each repeat how many points they have, how many points they used, and how many they are left with multiple times. I think I will only continue to condense the writing further in hopes of going faster.

Thanks to all the readers that have been staying with me and the novel.

30 comments:

  1. Is there some way we can donate to thank you? paypal? patreon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for all of the hard work ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for your hard work. I really like your translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for everything!~ I honestly thought Terror Infinity was at least half done because we're already on the second halve. Know that we really appreciate what you're doing and would love to contribute any way we can, be it monetary or a simple comment to show our appreciation for your effort! - J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratz!
    At this point I feel the side project will be more interesting to read then Terror Infinity now but it's something to read and found out how the story will end.
    Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terror Infinity actually has some interesting arcs coming up. Three way team battle after the vampiric mask arc. Then a not so exciting power up arc. After that is a 5 way team battle with three of the most powerful teams in Lord of the Rings. I think this is the best arc of the novel.

      Delete
    2. woah that is a whole lot of spoilers! :( Please don't spoil it!

      Delete
    3. Wow I'm really looking forward to lotr

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the year of hard work. I started reading Terror Infinity around April of last year and I fell in love with it. It's my number one story now. It's a shame that you don't have more enthusiasm for this and would want to continue the prequel and sequel, but I won't give a hard time about that. 34% complete after all of this... I wouldn't be able to do that. Also, I know that your not fast fast fast in translations, but you're far better than most who don't even regularly update once a week, in some cases after a few months. For not betraying your followers you should get a reward or money compensation. Maybe joining an active group like Gravity Tales can help and you can still do side projects on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Set up A patreon account. You'll be surprised how much we appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all of your hard work we all appreciate you so much and are extremely happy that you have continued it even this long. And we thank you so much for it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the hard work. It's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your translating read even in Russian Federation. You know it? Да это я и да я серьезно!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your hard work! Terror Infinity is read(and translated) in Poland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the hard work bro! This is a pretty awesome novel that yar translating and reading this does make the end of the day a bit easier, hahaha. Anyways, keep up the awesomeness but dont push yarself too hard! Again, thanks ya very much for make our days enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for everything, I love your translations ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Set up a Patreon site!!!! that way, we can show you how grateful we are!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello a0132
    Thank you for translating this novel. It's kept me going through what has been a horrendous year from me. Through all the difficulties, it gave me something to ook forward to. Though those times are thankfully over, i still cant thank you enough

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thx for translating this!! Very good! You're awesome, and from all the comments I can see you're slowly but surely gaining a fanbase! It's kinda cool that we have our own little secret group here following this translation and the god that translates it XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for translating this novel! For anyone that has read Ren's translating series on WW, we know that translating is really difficult. I always wonder how you translators are able to keep up with translating. It's freaking amazing and awesome how much work you guys do, even though you don't have to do it. So, once again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cara sou um brasileiro que gosta muito mesmo desse romance, agradeço muito pelo privilegio de ler esse romance sou muito fá dessa obra XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your work! Especially for the possibility to download the whole file. Your work is not in vain and i appreciate it a lot. Thanks again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ^^ i agree, it's a bit slow for me if i read release by release... so i wait for each volume to be complete and read it in one sitting, i can confirm, it's worth the wait, i love T.I. it's a great read, thanks for all your work this is one of my favourites, so, again, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the hard work and patience

    ReplyDelete